Make Changes in PAN card

If you want to make changes in the existing PAN such as change in name, date of birth etc, you can apply for it online. The procedure is almost the same as you apply for new PAN except in case of corrections in PAN, you also need to submit the documents to support the change required in PAN.

Here are the steps :

Step 1: Fill the online application form for making changes/corrections in PAN on the NSDL website.  

Read instructions carefully filling the form.  

Step 2: The charges for making changes in PAN is also Rs. 93 (excluding GST) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (excluding GST) for foreign communication address. Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, demand draft or net-banking. On successful payment, acknowledgement will be displayed. Save and print this acknowledgement number.  

Step 3: Documents to be sent to NSDL Once the application and payment are accepted, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL. Only after the receipt of the documents, PAN application would be processed by NSDL. 

Documents sent should support the changes applied for in PAN. Example, request for the change in applicant’s or father’s name will have to be supported with a document that will contain proof of change of name from old to new. 

The documents that shall be accepted as proof in this case are: 

a. For married ladies Change of name on account of marriage – marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, publication of ‘name-change’ in the gazette, a certificate from a gazetted officer stating name change, copy of passport showing husband’s name. 

b. For individual applicants other than married ladies Publication of ‘name-change’ in the gazette, a certificate from a gazetted officer stating name change.  

c. For companies ROC’s certificate for name change is required. ROC stands for Registrar of Companies, and they handle administration and regulation of Companies Act, 1956.  

d. For partnership firms A copy of revised Partnership Deed e. For other categories which are registered organizations (AOP/Trust/BOI/AJP etc.) The revised registration/deed/agreement.